Thursday, June 7, 2012

half way through week 6!

I've got chest, back and legs done for the wee, halfway done. Legs kicked my (no pun intended) butt! Its soo nice feeling sore.. Although its going to be a challenge to get through my cardio with my legs screamin. I'm now squatting and leg pressing 110. It will be awesome to get up to my weight. There is a quote by Socrates in which he says its a shame for a woman to never know her strength, now I know what he means. I love feeling strong.
 Although, I am learning I'm not as strong as I thought I was though. Parts are.. In certain exercises I can lift pretty heavy. In others like chest and shoulders, I'm pathetic.. its embarrassing. But I've never worked those muscles. I'm starting to see some definition in my shoulders, but I'm looking forward to seeing more. But I love the attainable goals.What is great is I'm going to learn and add weights and see change.. its not a maybe.. its definite. As long as I go and work hard, I will keep reaching goals and setting new ones. I usually pick things that the goals are easily attainable. Its quite refreshing and motivating to be working for something I can achieve.
 I don't have any long term goals. I've toyed with idea of doing a figure competition, but I want (and need to be) to be at this for awhile. I don't want to go gun ho and burn out. Also there is no way I could win one.. and that's not very motivating to do something when you know winning isn't going to happen (I have zero boobs and don't plan getting them, and sexy is so far outside my realm.. If I am or ever have been perceived as sexy, it was completely and totally accidental. No one has EVER said to me "sexy" unless they were being ironic or sarcastic..Not that being sexy wins, but it helps).. I'll keep it on the back burner..obviously I'm not confident enough.. But for now short term, easily attainable goals are good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment