Monday, June 11, 2012

week 7

 Starting week 7 today. These next two weeks are the last of the muscle building phase. I'm looking forward to getting to the leaning out phase. This last week was slightly frustrating for me. While I have seen some changes its not huge, I guess I was expecting more at this point. I am however going to make a few tweaks. For one I'm going to change my macros. Until now I've just been concentrating on getting as much protein as I can stomach, with as little carbs, but I hadn't watched my fat intake much. With the program getting more demanding, I'm noticing I need a little more carbs to get me through. So I'm going to aim for 40% protien, 40% carbs, and 20% fat. In 2 weeks that will all change when I start carb cycling and doing high/low days, but I think this is a good tweak. Another tweak is I'm adding 100 smith machine squats on my leg days as well as doing some kick backs with cables to really zero in my hamstrings and glutes. I noticed this last week, my quads are taking over.. like everything. I've seen decent changes everywhere but my butt.. And that was the area I need it the most. So I'm hoping by targeting it I can finally see good results there.
 I'm getting more comfortable in the big dawg area. Still only do about quarter of my workout there, but its good to push myself out of my comfort zone, learn to carry myself more confidently, like I belong down there.
 One my biggest mom fears is my daughter having the same issues I do. I want so bad for her to be how she is now; confident, goofy, funny, sweet, and cares to the wind. I was like that too, not sure when and how that changed, but it did, and impacts everything. Its something I pray over constantly for her. Well this last week I had the tv on, and a special k commercial came on.

 Mia says to me, "mom, you should do that". I asked her to explain better (eat the cereal, walk on the beach?). "no, you should just wear a bathing suit".. huh?? I asked her to explain further, she said that I shouldn't wear cover ups or shorts. (I always wear shorts and tank over my suit, I wish I could say it was because of modesty). She said its good to wear a bathing suit, by itself, like she does. It hit me. I tell her all the time she's beautiful, I try to teach her what's healthy, and I try to set a good example of what healthy looks like, but her comment made me realize I was missing and important piece.. she NEEDS to see me confident in myself. Uh wow.. mind blown. Then I thought back to me growing up, my mom hated her body, complained out loud what it was she hated.. I didn't have an example of a confident women. I'm not blaming my confidence issues on her, but I see how in this instance her self esteem impacted mine. It was a challenge to me. Not only for myself do I need to love the skin I'm in for me, but I need to for her. I can tell her all day what to do, but kids learn more from our actions than our words.
 Well onto week 7..

No comments:

Post a Comment