Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy halloween


 Halloween is a big day in my house. My husband does our house in a scary theme, this year it being walking dead themed. My kids and I trick or treat. In all honesty, I'm kinda bahumbug about Halloween and thanksgiving. Days entirely devoted to eating crap (and the clean up after..) aren't very fun. I love Christmas. I'm counting down the days to where I can start listening to Christmas music and decorating. Give me hot cocoa and tacky Christmas sweaters and I'm a happy girl. On my less than favorite holidays I usually assume the role of cheerleader/photog. While I'm less than enthusiastic, I want to remember their excitement. My daughter is dressing as princess darth vader (she came up with it), Which is all kinds of awesome. My son is a firefighter.. Yes he chose it. He LOVES firetrucks. When he saw the the costume at target he jumped out of the cart to get it. We built him a firetruck stroller with lights and everything. He about fainted when he saw it. I have a feeling he's going to be living it for the next few weeks.
 My hubby has built this whole zombie apocalypse scene. There is a crawling zombie he made (engineers for the win) and a show that loops every 3 mins. I got to try out my acting chops as I voice the soon to mauled survivor left in the house. Last year a cop had to come and direct traffic from the show he has last year. This year its a lot bigger and dramatic, and scary.. It should be interesting to see how its received. I'm considering making him watch rocky horror picture show after all the trick or treaters are done, as an "I love you and you are the best wife for letting me build monsters in our garage like a mad scientist for a month". We'll see.. it seems kinda cruel (though I do love the movie) to force him to watch a musical on his favorite holiday..


No comments:

Post a Comment