Wednesday, January 23, 2013

chuggin along

 I'm 2 weeks into a 12 week training plan by the amazing Brooke Erickson. I'm loving it. Its a different approach to weight training then I've done, and really I think its awesome. She follows the PHAT (power hypertrophy adaptive training) system by Layne Norton. Which you can read about it here. It basically combines typical bodybuilding training style with power lifting training style. I'm seeing little changes already, I'm looking forward to the big ones. I know its working well because I'm sore..and right where I need to be. She has me training my shoulders 3x a week and back and glutes 2x a week.
 I've also been trying to hammer out nutrient timing to ensure I get gains. The nutrition part is hard. I've gone years not wanting to want to eat.. and I got pretty good at it. Now I'm trying to not only eat more than I have ever, but also trying to time it so my body gets the most from the food. I'll get there. I love that I'm continually learning new things, trying new things. I'm not a slave to food anymore, or poor body image. I love that my view of my body isn't, "oh curse my bad genetics!" or, "why did I have to born with these hips?" to "hmm, what do I want to build?". It will be a never ending tweaking process, making what I was born with stronger, and as aesthetic that I can be.
progress
 After the end of this 12 weeks program, I will go into prep for competition. I'm really trying to make these 12 weeks count, because when prep comes, I won't really be able to add much more muscle. I'm really excited.. I'm also a bit frighted..lol.. Its such a huge step, but I want this. I'm breaking down mental barriers I set for myself. I'm saying no to the lies that have kept me feeling worthless/ ugly/ unlovable to rest by achieving something I've dreamed about for a long time and have to be self reliant to do it. Its empowering. After last year, I need to be empowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment