Tuesday, March 5, 2013

bulky bulky and the plague

lower body progress
The last 2 months my goal has been for building muscle.. I have good days where I feel like she-hulk tearing the weight room up, other days I feel like the Michelin man.. Even though I knew you can't build muscle and lose fat (unless you are a beginner), its still a bummer to not be getting trimmer..but the time will come when I can start shedding the outer coat and see the muscle that lays under. I have about 4 weeks left of my muscle building training plan, then if my trainer is happy with the progress I've made, then I will move to slowly shedding the fat. I can't wait to be in competition prep!
left- end of October, right-beginning of February

My hubby and I have been training together about 3 times a week for a few weeks now. He's doing another training plan from bodybulding.com
and has seen awesome results (I'm really jealous how well he puts on muscle.. its like he was born to do this sort of thing). His goal is to get huge.. which I really don't think will be a problem. He's already big guy, add muscle and hes a tank. He says he wants to be my arm candy. Its funny to see an IT guy who is as built as he is now, but will be really awesome when he gets as big as his goal. Breaking down stereotypes. Something tells me people won't mess with his servers much when he's 260 pounds of muscle. 

This week I'm going to be taking a ballet class. I've been meaning to this for a long time, but we've all been sick pretty much since December.. but finally I'm going. I'm sooooo excited. Its almost kind of embarrassing. I'm hoping I can make it a more regular thing. I have my athletic/physical outlet 5x a week, but I miss have a creative one. Hopefully I don't totally suck. I's been 5 years since I've taken a class, 7 since I was consistently dancing. While I remember how to do it all, I'm not nearly as flexible as I use to be.. I'm curious to see how my strength now hurts/helps doing ballet.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment