Monday, April 29, 2013

week one of figure prep

 Last week was my first week of competition prep. Not much changed from before besides my macros changed a bit, and I added cardio. My biggest thing is and has been food. I've been hitting my macros, but it not quiet science yet. My goal for this week is too keep hitting my macros, and figure out meal planning and prep that isn't too overwhelming for my laid back self as well as doesn't take away from my family.
 Training it going really good. I really can't wait to see changes in my physique. I feel it in certain areas (my butt seems to get better and better.. which is a miracle), but I have yet (I just started prep..) to see any changes.. I'm looking forward to seeing abs, with bulking I lost all definition (the very little bit) I had. So it will be nice to not be so squishy there. Its been bugging me, especially seeing so many ab pictures on instagram and other places. I have to remind myself that many of those chicks haven't had kids.. let alone 2. My abs will have their day in the sun, for now they are hiding under a fat blanket..
 Its funny how much my tune towards cardio has changed since I began incorporating weights.. I used to love it. Thankfully for now, its only 3x a week and for 20 mins..When doing intervals it goes very fast. Its nice I don't have to kill myself doing cardio. I see a lot of people spending 30-40 mins, sometimes 2x a day. Sure they are getting results, but I know myself, and that's hardly something I could maintain for a long period of time without burning out. I'd rather take a more manageable, non damaging to my metabolism route. Even though cardio is not my favorite thing to do, the way I'm doing it, its fun, something I could maintain (if I needed) without feeling burned out, and like weight training, I can try to "pr" every time I do it.
 That is about all I have to update for now. In a few weeks I will start posing practice and get my suit ordered. Very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment