Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 4.5

 I took my monthly progress pictures this last weekend. To be honest I was really discouraged before I took them. The changes I had felt seemed so small. While I am lifting heavier and heavier every week in the gym, I wasn't seeing the progress I thought I should be. I was expecting my monthly progress pictures to further spiral me into despair city.. But I was so blown away. The changes between the before and the now were amazing. (I'm not ready to post pics just yet as I'm still quite a ways from where I want to be.. maybe after next months) It totally gave me the push I needed to go harder in the gym this week 
 This whole process has been such a fun ride. I started down this path at the perfect time (life is cool like that). Setting the goals I have and adapting the lifestyle to achieve them have been one avenue that I've been able to see some inner strength I didn't know I had. Its been an amazing tool that has reinstated that value is not controlled by anyone else, but myself. I can't tell you how essential learning just that has been for me. I love the company flag nor fail. (Sadly, I only have one shirt from them, though). But they just released a new shirt design that spoke volumes to me and I felt it so perfectly fit what I've learned this last year. "Create your worth". I've always relied on people to make me feel worthy, and that's a pretty unreliable way to find worth.. Doing that just about destroyed me. I've allowed myself into crummy situations because I didn't think I was worth the fight, or had value. I've been overcoming some serious hurdles in the gym and personally, but before I could make any progress I had to decide I was worth it. Just like my physical progress, I still have quite a ways to go. One thing for sure, I'm not going back to the person I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment